Don your gloves, shades and sunscreen – it’s time for the 2017 International Coastal Cleanup, so click here to print the flyer! Join the world’s largest volunteer ocean and waterways cleanup to help us turn the tide on trash.
Saturday, October 7 from 9:00 a.m. to noon
Adopt-A-Highway, Road and Shore groups will clean their adopted sites. All other volunteers can participate at the following locations:
Anna Maria Island:
- Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Dr.
- Holmes Beach – Kingfish Boat Ramp, S.R. 64 W., west of drawbridge
- Historic Wares Creek at Bradenton Woman’s Club, 1705 Manatee Ave. W.
- F.I.S.H. Preserve, 11601 Cortez Rd. W.
Rivers (requires use of canoes or kayaks):
- CANCELED DUE TO DAMAGE: Ray’s Canoe Hideaway, 1289 Hagle Park Rd. off Upper Manatee River Road – free boat launch & canoes on a first-come, first-service basis to clean this river
- Old Braden River Historical Society, Jiggs’ Landing, intersection of Braden River Road and Linger Lodge Road – bring your own canoe, kayak or power boat to clean this river
What to bring
Please wear closed-toe shoes and bring your own gloves and sunscreen. We also recommend hats and sunglasses. We will provide trash bags and drinks. For more information, e-mail us at email@example.com or call (941) 795-8272. Thank you for helping beautify Manatee County. See you at the cleanup!