April 5 & 6, Noon to 6:00 p.m.
10th Avenue West in Downtown Palmetto
Learn from the experts how to reduce waste, use water wisely, protect our natural resources and improve our urban forest. Bring the whole family for giveaways and activities to help keep Manatee County beautiful.
Saturday April 5, 2014, 9 a.m. to Noon
Meet at Ray’s Canoe Hideaway, 1289 Hagle Park Road on the north side of Upper Manatee River Road
Saturday April 12, 2014 9 a.m. to Noon
Adopt-A-Highway, Road or Shore groups will be doing cleanups at their sites in Manatee County. Other volunteers can do cleanups by checking in at 9 a.m. at:
- Anna Maria City Hall at 10005 Gulf Dr.
- Historic Wares Creek at Bradenton Woman’s Club at 1705 Manatee Ave. W.
- Holmes Beach at Kingfish Boat Ramp on S.R. 64 W.
- F.I.S.H. Preserve at 11601 Cortez Road W.
- Terra Ceia on U.S. 19 at northwest corner of bridge by Crab Trap I
- Jiggs’ Landing at intersection of Braden River Road off SR 70 & Linger Lodge Road – bring your canoe, kayak or power boat to clean the Braden River
- Palmetto City Hall at 518 8th Ave. W.
- Palmetto will also have trash drop off sites at three sites: 17th Street West & 8th Avenue West, 6th Street West between 10th & 11th Avenues in Sutton Park, 10th Street West & 5th Avenue West.